Tuesday

90 YEARS WISE (my daughter came-up with the title)


When I was 89, no one asked me if I had any words of wisdom.  Now that I’m 90, people just assume I have something wise to tell them.  I knew some of these things years ago, but no one asked me.  So now I will share with you some of the things I learned (mostly the hard way). 

  •  Don’t look to your children to make you happy.  It’s not their responsibility. Just enjoy and love them.  They are the greatest gift you will ever receive. 

  • No one is in charge of your happiness but you.    

  • Don’t look back over your past and wish you had made better choices.        Forgive yourself for the stupid decisions you made.  Make smarter ones for your future. 

  • Life is too short to waste it worrying about wrinkles, gray hair and age spots.

  • Don’t put off telling your family and friends that you love them, and tell  them often.

  • Don’t put off using your good things.  You don’t have to wear things out before you use your new towels, sheets and lingerie. 

  • Forgive yourself for everything, and forgive everyone else for everything.When something bad happens, deal with it, and move on.

  • Don’t take life too seriously, it isn’t permanent.  (I read that somewhere).



  • Keep your old friends and make new younger friends.  Friends keep you young.

  • Don’t let other people determine what is best for you.

  • Be an “I feel great person.”  When someone says, “Hi, how are you?” don’t tell them about your aches and pains.  No one cares if your back aches or your knees hurt, or you didn’t get enough sleep last night.  “Hi, how are you” is a salutation, not an opening for a health report.  When asked, just say fine, wonderful or great!  They will remember you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment